Monday, April 2, 2012

getting started

andrew and i have always been music fans. we've spent hours listening to music. talking about our favorite bands and guitarists and singers. quizzing each other on the finer points of lyrics, album titles, years of releases and who REALLY sang the first version of "Blinded by the Light."?

so when i was thinking of a blog title for an adoption blog - I couldn't get the idea of integrating lyrics into the blog - out of my head.

the following three songs really convey what i'm trying to get across with the title "i don't you know you yet".

love song for no one - john mayer


- - Searching all my days just to find you/I'm not sure who I'm looking for/I'll know it/When I see you/

to whom it may concern - the civil wars


- - Why are you so far from me?/In my arms is where you ought to be/How long will you make me wait?/I don't know how much more I can take/I missed you/But I haven't met you/Oh but I want to

and lastly....

falling slowly - glen hansard (once)


I don't know you/But I want you


So there you have it. Sometimes music speaks for me when I don't have the words.

11 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you guys.

    P.S. Bruce Springsteen!

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thrilled and so happy for you both. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo I just love you guys! Yes, keep the updates coming. Keeping you in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we love you too. thanks for all the excitement and support. xo xo

      Delete
  4. Fabulous songs that are so apt! Love you guys and excited to be there for you along this journey!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara! I knew you'd love the songs (and Jer too!) Thanks a million for the instant support and love.

      Delete
  5. We admire your courage and love for each other, your desire to be parents to someone who needs you; and your commitment to the Lord. We believe you will be blessed BEYOND MEASURE for all your patience! love mom f. (& dad)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mom & dad. love you so much!

      Delete
    2. This song went around the blogging community a few times over. I heard it tonight and thought of you!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96sfW6h8gbQ&feature=related

      Delete
    3. Beckie, I totally have that song in my head ALL The time when I'm on my blog. I guess that's another song that secretly 'fed' into my blog title. :)
      Thanks so much for the love and support. XO XO XO

      Delete